This is a quick look at the past and present to assess what I need to do and what needs to improve in my life and as a developer.
2016 was a good year
First off as a developer 2016 was a good year for me. I got to work on and contribute to some awesome open source projects.
It was my first full year since I became a fulltime developer. You can imagine how exciting that was for me. I managed to get to work with some awesome clients on exciting projects. I hope these projects become successful because its a great feeling to see something you worked on/created being used by many people.
I also got interviewed on my first podcast. If you have time please listen to it Apprenticeship in Real Life with Taras Mankovski and Lennex Zinyando
I certainly missed on some goals
- I failed to read as much as I wanted to
- I didn’t get to workout as often as I plan to
- I didn’t get to learn any new skill or hobby outside of programming
These misses will definitely be given another chance this year. Lets take a look at the main goals for the next year.
Plans for the year ahead
My goals for 2017 remain largely the same as those from last year since I didn’t achieve most of them.
- become a better developer
- contribute more to open source projects
- gain some weight, workout and jog consistently
- read at least one book a month
- learn a new skill thats outside of programming and software development
Some goals are too personal to share but yes they are there. I hope I won’t start slacking on my goals early in the year so when you see me wish me luck and give me some encouragement.
What are your thoughts? Tweet me @zinyando